We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
To find out more about working here click here.
We are searching for an Audio Programmer to join our close-knit team and contribute their skills and creativity towards creating Dreams, our latest UGC project.
This is not the most typical audio programming role. The successful applicant will develop all aspects of the game’s audio stack, from creating software instruments to designing and implementing the musical UI/UX.
We are not simply looking for a programmer who happens to do some audio. We’re looking for an exceptional individual with a real jones for the potential of audio and music creation in interactive entertainment.
A core part of our game Dreams is a powerful musical instrument, which can also be used for sound design. It’s fun to play with, but also has depth. We want you to help us make it even better – for professionals, hobbyists and anyone in the PlayStation Games audience who wants to express themselves creatively.
- A keen interest in, and understanding of, sound and music for games.
- An eye and an ear for what makes a great musical instrument, and the skills to code it. This role has a design/UX element to it.
- Low-level coder with DSP and audio code skills. You will be working on a unique sound engine, which includes sound creation and mangling features.
- Self-motivated – can create great user experiences without having to rely completely on feedback in order to iterate and make progress.
- Evidence of something relevant you have made – a game, graduation project, audio plugin, musical experiment, toy, user interface, etc.
- Please note that we will request a show-reel or link to past work if not included in your application.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
This is a permanent position.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to email@example.com, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a diverse talented team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small studio space in Brighton.