Are you a coding designer or a coder & designer that makes gameplay?
One very specific and special role for our recently unveiled ambitious PlayStation 4 project is an experienced gameplay programmer - we need someone who can design & code gameplay that feels great.
It appears that these people are rare as hen’s teeth! We are open to talking to individuals or design/code partnerships who could cover this. The crucial aspect of this is being able to take a raw concept or idea and figure out a way of implementing it that is totally awesome, feels fantastic and brings smiles to everyone’s faces. Easy? Good. :)
You’ll be joining a small, multi-discipline team very early in the process and will help to define all aspects of the game code and design. As a gameplay programmer at Media Molecule you’ll be working in C++, focusing on gameplay code but will be working closely with the design/content team and encouraged to contribute to as many other areas as possible, such as the physics, graphics and presentation code of your features.
- Have made a game, this could be AAA, indie or both but needs to demonstrate that you are able to design and implement gameplay from conception through to a final polished, fun product.
- Be the best programmer you know, especially when it comes to game code.
- Have a demo or showreel that really shows how you stand out from the crowd.
- Be highly self-motivated and disciplined.
- Have strong maths skills.
- Be ready and able to collaborate with a highly creative team.
- It goes without saying that you’ll be proficient in C/C++, and any other language that you stumble across, because after all, that’s the easy part…
This is a permanent position.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
Tips for getting hired!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a small talented team of people based in Guildford, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug.