Experienced Gameplay Programmer
Are you a coding designer or a coder & designer that makes gameplay?
One very specific and special role for our recently unveiled ambitious PlayStation 4 project is an experienced gameplay programmer - we need someone who can design & code gameplay that feels great.
It appears that these people are rare as hen’s teeth! We are open to talking to individuals or design/code partnerships who could cover this. The crucial aspect of this is being able to take a raw concept or idea and figure out a way of implementing it that is totally awesome, feels fantastic and brings smiles to everyone’s faces. Easy? Good. :)
You’ll be joining a small, multi-discipline team very early in the process and will help to define all aspects of the game code and design. As a gameplay programmer at Media Molecule you’ll be working in C++, focusing on gameplay code but will be working closely with the design/content team and encouraged to contribute to as many other areas as possible, such as the physics, graphics and presentation code of your features.
- Have made a game, this could be AAA, indie or both but needs to demonstrate that you are able to design and implement gameplay from conception through to a final polished, fun product.
- Be the best programmer you know, especially when it comes to game code.
- Have a demo or showreel that really shows how you stand out from the crowd.
- Be highly self-motivated and disciplined.
- Have strong maths skills.
- Be ready and able to collaborate with a highly creative team.
- It goes without saying that you’ll be proficient in C/C++, and any other language that you stumble across, because after all, that’s the easy part…
How to apply
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a small talented team of people based in Guildford, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug.
Tips for getting hired!
These are the kinds of thing we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Want ownership and responsibility
- Really love making & playing console games
- Bursting with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- An active rather than passive team player
- Work well in a collaborative creative team
- Are fun & spirited
There’s no better way to show yourself off to us than through your past work. If you can, send a link to some of your work - published or not - along with your CV and contact details, then we’ll give it a gander!