We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
To find out more about working here click here.
We are looking for a sound designer to help us make our new user-created content project, Dreams.
Hands-on games development experience is essential, however the number of shipped titles and length of experience is less important than ability, skills and enthusiasm.
- A recent showreel, showcasing your games audio work.
- The candidate will be able to produce awesome sounds! They should have an understanding of what is required to make a game sound good, and be able to demonstrate that knowledge with examples of work.
- The candidate should have plenty of knowledge about sound recording. They should have experience recording different material, and an understanding of all the practicalities involved. This should also be demonstrable in examples of work.
- The candidate should ideally have experience and knowledge of using various different sound implementation systems: Wwise, FMOD, Unity, Unreal etc. Specific knowledge of these is not a requirement, but a level of competence and expertise in making sounds work in a game is advantageous.
- The candidate should ideally demonstrate either a working knowledge of an in-game implementation system, or have used some form of scripting language. Experience with logic is an important part of this role. Demonstrable knowledge using systems like UE4 Blueprints, Max MSP or other visual logic systems is highly desirable.
- The candidate should show some musical knowledge and composition skills. This is not a composition job, but the ability to compose and engineer music is an important feature of this post.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
This is a permanent position.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to email@example.com, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a diverse talented team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small studio space in Brighton.