Media Molecule is looking for an incredible UI designer to help us make more amazing games!
This is a senior role, working across different projects on different platforms you will be responsible for promoting a human centred design approach throughout all aspects of Media Molecule’s prodigious output. Although primarily focussed on game UI, expect to get involved in all aspects of the creative process from pitching through to tools development and games design.
As a passionate but pragmatic advocate of all things UX you will be able to suggest and deliver solutions that will make our games better. This will involve being thoughtful, flexible and able to collaborate in a small, tightly knit and ambitious team. You are an engaging talker, designer and presenter who will be able to nurture the fleck of an idea, getting buy in from your peers and then developing it into something that might just revolutionise the world of games.
The role will also include combinations of:
- Create, develop and oversee UI development throughout the studio.
- Work with multiple disciplines within the studio to help develop their ideas and to realise your own.
- Work with people from all areas of the development chain, including quality assurance, localisation and legal departments.
- Find ways to continually improve our games and processes by conducting ad-hoc testing, proactively prototyping concepts or seeking out and sharing new ideas.
- 4+ years coal-face experience designing, making and shipping actual things.
- An amazing portfolio that backs up your ethos as well as your art.
- An exemplary graphic designer.
- A go-to expert in Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, After Effects etc etc.
- Super-organised – You are able to self-manage, plan your time and usefully communicate that to other people.
- An appreciation of games design and how current UX theory can feed into this.
- An evangelist for UX principals such as research, prototyping, testing and iteration – and able to share this passion with other people!
- Proactive and prepared to get stuck in by learning new tools and taking responsibility for all areas of development which touch upon your work. Generally making things happen!
- Experience of making games (web, mobile or console).
- Experience of designing and running testing programs.
- Experience of collecting, analysing and presenting telemetry data.
- Knowledge of basic coding principals (C++ etc).
- Knowledge of modelling software like Max or Maya.
- Creative and curious – You have passions outside of drawing wireframes ;)
How to apply
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a small talented team of people based in Guildford, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug.
Tips for getting hired!
These are the kinds of thing we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Want ownership and responsibility
- Really love making & playing console games
- Bursting with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- An active rather than passive team player
- Work well in a collaborative creative team
- Are fun & spirited
There’s no better way to show yourself off to us than through your past work. If you can, send a link to some of your work - published or not - along with your CV and contact details, then we’ll give it a gander!