We’re on the hunt for a passionate and creative animator to join our close-knit team of Molecules and help us bring Dreams, our latest UGC project, to life!
The ideal candidate will be a visual storyteller, someone who loves crafting unique characters and stories through their animations. They will also have good experience working with the technical elements of animation, and have an appetite for applying these skills to their work here. Dreams is a powerful animation tool with a great deal of possibilities; we’re looking for someone who has a passion for using new technologies to bring their animations alive.
What you'll be doing!
- Building digital puppets using the full scope of animation tools within Dreams
- Bringing these digital puppets to life in real time using motion controls within Dreams
- Working closely and collaborating with different team members to deliver high quality animations
- A recent portfolio or demo showcasing any animation work which is relevant/that you are proud of
- The ability to animate in a variety of styles
- Experience and knowledge of all areas of animation – both technical and performance
- Self-motivated – can be given a brief to work independently on
- Strong team player and communicator
- Creative mind with strong visual storytelling skills
- Theatre & dance experience
- Stop motion & puppetry experience ++
- Ability and a keen interest in learning new in-house tools to rig and animate
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.