It is an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming. We are evolving and growing rapidly! We are looking for an Assistant Producer specialised in Localisation to come join the team at Media Molecule.
This Assistant Producer will work along the Producer responsible for Localisation at Media Molecule and the support localisation teams at Sony. They will be primarily handling Localisation QA and Text assets, but should also be ready to jump in and help other areas of Production as needed, looking to deliver the Franchise goals and product roadmap.
What you will be doing
- Designing and overseeing the completion of LQA test plans along Localisation Test Leads
- Working with development, release and marketing teams to provide insight on different localisation needs during these stages
- Helping handle the communication between Media Molecule and Sony’s support teams
- Working closely with the Production team to plan and schedule translations, LQA runs, recording sessions and so on
- Assisting the localisation team at Media Molecule in managing and preparing localisation assets
- Updating roadmaps and all localisation stakeholders
- Helping improve our localisation tools and workflow
- There will be a requirement to offer support to other areas of Production when necessary
Required experience and skills
- Demonstrable localisation coordination experience, preferably on a large project with varied localisation needs and many translated languages
- Experience working with both developers and publishers
- You have good communication skills and are able to work effectively in a remote team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
Desirable experience and skills
- Bug tracking tools experience, preferably JIRA
- Experience on a UGC project
- Fluency in languages other than English
- Any experience with translation or localisation tools is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience with Dreams is highly desirable
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!