Associate Technical Producer
We are Media Molecule, a multi-award winning game developer and part of the wider PlayStation Studios group. We have a history of creating outstanding games such as LittleBigPlanet, Tearaway and most recently, the BAFTA Award winning Dreams. It’s a fantastic time to join us as we embark on our next adventure, defining and executing the vision for our next project and settling into our gorgeous, newly refurbished studio in central Guildford. We are now searching for a proactive, methodical and inquisitive Producer to join the team and provide support across our central and game technology groups!
What you'll be doing:
- Partner closely with the engineering team leads to define and deliver project goals and deliverables.
- Responsible for producing realistic production schedules, in coordination with team leads and key stakeholders.
- Facilitate technically focused teams in planning, scheduling, and release of work.
- Provide support with production processes, using a blend of agile and other project management methodologies.
- Track and update project progress, producing status reports and updates.
- Identify and resolve conflicts between schedule and project scope.
- Organise regular reviews with stakeholders and team leads, handling feedback and deadline impacts.
- Identify and raise risks of misaligned work across the teams.
- Collaborate with the wider production team, identifying opportunities for efficiencies, critical dependencies, and risk mitigation strategies.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience of sprint and milestone management.
- Experience identifying and proactively resolving impediments to project delivery.
- Experience of planning and coordinating multiple concurrent initiatives from conception through to completion with technically focused teams.
- An engaged, logical, detail-oriented and collaborative approach to work.
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to adapt and learn.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to independently prioritise, schedule, and manage team tasks using Jira or other related tools.
- Working knowledge of version control.
- Experience using a command line.
- Experience with a scripting language.
- High level knowledge of graphical techniques, engine components, online technologies, tooling, and general programming principles.
- A general interest and awareness of industry and technological developments (hardware developments, API updates, new technologies or techniques).
In return we offer the opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and social team, with a tip top benefits package including (but not limited to);
- Competitive salary & bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme, life assurance, income protection and access to a financial planning coach
- 25 days holiday and discretionary additional holiday days over summer and Christmas
- Flexible working practises (onsite, hybrid, UK remote, core hours – role dependent)
- Free lunches, snacks and refreshments on site
- Private health and dental insurance plus Online GP access
- Modern health EAP
- Free PS game codes and Sony product discounts
- Quarterly Mm wellbeing days
- Gymflex discount
- £250 annual personal development fund and access to our online learning library
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Menopause policy
- Volunteering opportunities
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
If you’re interested in this role but your salary requirements are above the range outlined, we’d still encourage you to apply! There could be flexibility for an exceptional candidate with the right skill set and mindset!.