It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution! We’re looking for a thoughtful and creative Communications Manager to help create our internal and external communication campaigns.
- Develop and implement communications campaigns and strategies and monitor their success.
- Work with the larger communications team to craft content that is consistent with our brand, voice and objectives.
- Collaborate with Sony stakeholders in PR and marketing to support their initiatives and make sure the product and company voice is represented in wider campaigns.
- Work with our team on communications protocols and initiatives to promote great communication throughout the company.
- Craft messaging for press interviews and work with the team on talks, interviews and communications objectives.
- Partner and collaborate closely with influencers and media to secure earned media opportunities
- Proactively identify opportunities for speaking engagements, panel participation and more.
- Define key performance indicators for each communications channel which will indicate a campaign's level of success.
Qualifications for Communications Manager:
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills, public speaking experience a plus.
- 3+ years prior experience working in a communications role, ideally gained within the gaming, creative or entertainment industries.
- Proven success designing and executing communications strategies and campaigns.
- Up to date on industry trends and able to stay ahead of the curve
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to think analytically and strategically.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, experience in leadership and mentorship a plus!
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!