Hello! We are Media Molecule. We are a smallish 50 person video game development team based in Guildford in the UK, working exclusively for the PlayStation platforms. Having shipped three games for which we’ve won numerous awards, including 9 BAFTAs, we’re now working on Dreams for PlayStation 4.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative and proactive community manager to join our team! This is a really exciting opportunity for someone that is passionate about video games and the communities that love them. Our ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who can’t wait to get stuck in.
What you’ll be doing!
- You will be responsible for managing and growing our awesome & creative community, building relationships with our fans and partners including media and influencers, and growing excitement and awareness for the studio and Dreams.
- Develop and manage a community content schedule in line with the product’s communications strategies objectives across a variety of online channels.
- Create engaging and exciting written and visual content, and execute initiatives such as community meet ups; competitions; live streams and much more.
- Maintain communications on all our online channels including social media, our blog and mediamolecule.com
- Co-ordinate the creation of a variety of social media assets and dissemination of trailers, screens and more.
- Be the voice of our community in internal studio conversations and within the WWS family, representing our fans’ point of view.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager on advocating for community needs in our PR and marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with the wider PlayStation team including PR, Marketing and Customer Support to ensure consistency of message and identify potential opportunities
- Use tools to analyse the performance of our content and strategy, and give community updates to the wider team to give them a window into community feedback and support.
- You may also be required to be a spokesperson for Media Molecule and our games to gaming media and community.
- A minimum of 3 years community management experience within video games or similar entertainment brand is a must
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with generating and executing content calendars
- Expert on all managing all major social media channels and video content including livestreaming
- Solid project management skills, able to work on multiple projects at the same time and prioritise as appropriate.
- Able to travel, including internationally, when required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the video game industry, knowledge of Media Molecule games a huge bonus.
- Knowledge of image/video editing tools desirable
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.