We’re looking for a Community Manager with some experience, creativity and a passion for working with UGC! The Dreams community is at the heart of everything we do, like collaborative events, content showcases, streaming and planning features. We’re looking to grow our community team so we can continue to develop and support our players through new and existing initiatives.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be working with the Senior Community Manager to help manage and grow our awesome community, build relationships with our fans and partners (including media and influencers), and generate excitement and awareness for the studio and our portfolio of games.
- Using tools to analyse the performance of our content and strategy, and regularly reporting to the wider live team, identifying future areas of improvement or areas of success.
- Assisting with initiatives such as community meet ups; competitions; live streams and events.
- Helping to maintain communications on all our online channels including social media, our blog and mediamolecule.com
- Working closely with the wider community team as well as our PlayStation team on community initiatives and identify potential opportunities (new channels, new ideas, etc!)
- You may also be required to be a spokesperson for Media Molecule and our games to gaming media, on streams and on social channels.
- Experience with analytics tools and reporting for social media a must.
- Experience within video games or similar entertainment brand and game communities.
- Expert on all managing all major social media channels and video content including livestreaming.
- Solid project management skills, able to work on multiple projects at the same time and prioritise as appropriate
- Able to travel, including internationally, when required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – understanding of our brand, tone and voice.
- Experience with Dreams preferred
- Knowledge of image/video editing tools desirable
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!