We are looking for a creator to join our Mm team to create all video content required for our new project, Dreams! We are looking for someone with creative flair who can tell stories using the moving image, using captured game footage, live action and animation.
This role requires strong video editing, animation/motion graphics, video production, creativity, project management, knowledge of video editing systems and inter-personal skills. Additionally the video editor will have a proven ability to film video; including proper framing, audio set up, lighting set up, stage set-up.
We’re looking for someone who can come in and hit the ground running, but we’ll also help to support and develop any candidate who demonstrates the potential skills and flair we’re looking for.
What you'll be doing!
- One stop shop for video content creation starting with creating briefs & finishing with delivering the video in all required formats!
- Creating trailers throughout development to both Mm and Sony briefs.
- Create concept videos illustrating/communicating concepts to both internal and external teams.
- Creating milestone videos communicating progress to internal and external teams.
- Creating marketing and community assets to communicate the project.
- Inputting music and dialogue.
- Creating motion graphics and effects.
- Capturing appropriate game footage.
- Film live action video; including proper framing, audio set up, lighting set up, stage set-up.
- A recent showreel, showcasing any work which is relevant/you are proud of.
- Creative mind with storytelling skills.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop).
- Agency experience
- Game trailer experience
- Proven experience making trailers, promos, etc.
- Demonstrable filming experience (5+ years) including framing, audio, lighting and stage set up.
- Demonstrable video editing ability (5+ years of experience) with a strong show reel.
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to email@example.com, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.