We're looking for a Development Ops Programmer to help us develop and maintain the online platform for Dreams - our next generation vision of play, create, share. This title presents some unique challenges, merging user generated content (UGC) with real-time game server functionality.
We are seeking a technically proficient programmer who is interested in deploying and maintaining the services that keep Dreams up and running. The ideal candidate should have experience in distributed infrastructure design and in designing for resilience and reliability. They should also be highly self-motivated and display excellent problem solving skills.
What you’ll be doing
- Building, maintaining and improving our online services that power Dreams covering features such as search, discovery, content storage and real time systems at scale.
- Helping our teams safely get their code deployed into production.
- Deploying and maintaining systems to monitor and debug our production servers.
- Improving our automation, fault tolerance, security and disaster recovery systems.
What we’re looking for!
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in Linux environments
- Recent professional experience in C/C++
- Experience deploying and maintaining systems at scale
- Experience monitoring and debugging distributed systems
- Knowledge of Kubernetes is a plus Knowledge of cloud hosting providers such as Amazon Web Services is a plus
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to email@example.com, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.