We are Media Molecule, a multi-award-winning game developer and a proud member of the PlayStation Studios family. We have a history of creating revolutionary games such as LittleBigPlanet, Tearaway and most recently the BAFTA Award winning Dreams. It’s a fantastic time to join us as we embark on our next adventure, defining and executing the vision for our next ambitious project and settling into our spectacular, newly refurbished studio in central Guildford. We are recruiting for a Helpdesk Engineer to provide professional and technical 1st line IT Support to onsite and remote workers in our busy, creative studio. The Helpdesk Engineer’s key responsibilities will include;
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to issues raised in our IT support channel.
- Provide IT support to all users across the studio, both in the office and remotely.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of desktop and laptop devices.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of company approved software.
- Installation and configuration of new starter equipment.
- Help maintain and update the asset registry.
- Contribute to documentation and IT knowledge base.
- Meeting room technical support and maintenance.
Skills we’re looking for……
- Very good knowledge and experience with the Windows desktop, Mac OS and the Microsoft O365 suite.
- Experience and knowledge of working in a Windows server environment – Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy.
- Experience in business networks – an understanding of switches and routers.
- Great communication and customer facing skills.
- Highly organised, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative to complete a range of tasks.
- Natural aptitude for troubleshooting & problem solving.
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours, when required.
- Experience of working in a development environment and configuring development equipment.
- Good working knowledge of the PlayStation development hardware and it’s tools.
Due to the physical nature of the role and requirement to provide onsite support, this role is office based only (Guildford)
In return we offer the opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and social team, with a tip top benefits package including (but not limited to);
· Competitive salary & bonus scheme
· Contributory pension scheme, life assurance, income protection and access to a financial planning coach
· 25 days holiday and discretionary additional holiday days over summer and Christmas
· Flexible working practises (onsite, hybrid, UK remote, core hours – role dependent)
· Free lunches, snacks and refreshments on site
· Private health and dental insurance plus Online GP access
· Modern health EAP
· Free PS game codes and Sony product discounts
· Quarterly Mm wellbeing days
· Gymflex discount
· £250 annual personal development fund and access to our online learning library
· Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
· Menopause policy
· Volunteering opportunities
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
If you’re interested in this role but your salary requirements are above the range outlined, we’d still encourage you to apply! There could be flexibility for an exceptional candidate with the right skill set and mindset!