We are looking for a Helpdesk Engineer to provide professional and technical 1st line IT Support to onsite and remote workers in a busy, creative Studio. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to diagnose and resolve issues in a timely fashion. Have great communication skills and be able to take ownership of issues and tasks, reporting updates and status of open issues to the team where necessary.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide 1st line support to issues raised in our IT support channel
- Provide IT support to all users across the studio, in the office and remotely.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of desktop and laptop devices.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of company approved software.
- Installation and configuration of new starter equipment.
- Help maintain and update the asset registry
- Contribute to documentation and IT knowledge base
- Great communication and customer facing skills.
- Highly organised, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative to complete a range of tasks.
- Natural aptitude for troubleshooting & problem solving.
- Very good knowledge and experience with the Windows desktop, Mac OS and the Microsoft O365 suite.
- Experience and knowledge of working in a Windows Server environment – Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy.
- Experience in business networks – an understanding of switches and routers.
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours, when required.
- Experience of working in a development environment and configuring development equipment.
- Good working knowledge of the PlayStation development hardware and it’s tools.
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!