It’s an exciting time to join the team here at Media Molecule as we continue to push the boundaries of creative gaming! We are now recruiting for a talented Lead UX/UI Designer to join the team. In this exciting, newly created role, you will have the opportunity to build out and manage our UX/UI roadmap, ensuring a consistent vision across UX/UI and providing direction and mentoring to more junior members of the team. There’s huge potential for impact.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Working alongside Production, create and manage the UX/UI roadmap, maximising user testing and collaborating with art, design and engineering to ensure consistency, authenticity, and brand harmony across all systems, user experience and user interfaces.
- Lead design work streams - managing people and the quality of key deliverables
- Advocate for our player and creator support systems to help to push the quality of our UI / UX forward
- Present concepts as low or high fidelity prototypes
- Help steer strategic creative decisions and ensure consistency of vision with all efforts related to the project
- Coordinate with developers to architect technical requirements for features and ongoing design iterations
- Manage the necessary user-experience between all aspects of the game via cross-team collaboration, such as; audio, accessibility, UI design, development, etc
- Work with production to define user stories and journey maps
- Oversee the execution of a wide range of projects from creator support infrastructure to in-game player facing systems.
- Ensure that the brand vision and branding is consistent across all UI / UX, maintaining the highest standards
- Supporting AB Testing as part of the desired workflow
Skills and experience:
- Significant experience in a similar role within a fast paced, gaming, marketplace or an interactive design industry
- Experienced leader and a natural coach, driving team results through clear feedback and performance management
- Broad range of experience incorporating both UI / UX for features as well as content management systems
- Previous experience of setting and delivering on the branding vision is highly desirable but not essential.
- Expertise with creating and owning guidance documentation, including and not limited to Style Guides
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills, managing your own and your team’s work.
- Extensive experience with user-research and user-testing
- A collaborative, proactive, pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving.
- Producing multiple, solutions to a single problem
- Strong knowledge of the UX process and usability design principles.
- Ability to conceptualise, pitch, and implement game concepts using various tools, technology, and visual language.
- Up to date with the latest UI / UX trends & learnings
Equal Opportunity Statement: Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!