We are looking for an experienced Localisation & Audio Producer to help us ship our Dreams! This is a challenging role and you will be joining at an incredibly exciting and important phase of the journey of Dreams. There are many different localisation and audio needs, and you will be touching all different aspects of the game - from the story, tutorials and website, to the creation tools themselves. You will need to become deeply immersed in our product, working very closely with our Localisation Systems Manager, Production, QA, and the wider team.
As production lead for localisation and our audio department, you will need to have a thorough understanding of planning and scheduling needs in these areas. We are a close-knit team, so we’re looking for someone who will be a true team player and excellent collaborator. Localisation quality and reach is essential to Media Molecule, and audio is a large and complex area, so this is a big and important role to play here!
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with developers, the production team and internal QA on all production aspects of localisation, planning and scheduling translation runs/asset handovers, recording sessions, and so on
- Working with the audio department on all aspects of planning and scheduling audio work, including localisation of VO
- Create a strong partnering relationship with our new Localisation Systems Manager, ensuring cohesion for the wider team when it comes to dealing with localisation issues, and handling asset preparation and management, communication and troubleshooting
- Handling all communication with Sony localisation services and localisation QA
- Demonstrable localisation co-ordination experience, preferably on a large project with varied localisation needs and many translated languages
- Good production experience, working with both developers and publishers
- Audio production experience
- Very strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team player
- JIRA experience
- Experience on a UGC project
- Any general experience of proprietary localisation asset management systems
- Knowledge of languages is desirable but not essential
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!