We are looking for an experienced Localisation Producer/Coordinator to help us ship our Dreams! This is a challenging role and you will be joining at an incredibly exciting and important phase of the journey of Dreams. There are many different localisation needs, and you will be touching all different aspects of the game - from the story, tutorials and website, to the creation tools themselves. You will become deeply immersed in our product and will work very closely with our UX Writer, Production, QA, and the wider team.
We are a close-knit team, so we’re looking for someone who will be a true team player and excellent collaborator. Localisation quality and reach is essential to Media Molecule, so this is a big and important role to play here!
What you’ll be doing!
- Getting up to speed fast with the challenges of localising Dreams!
- Identifying and helping to solve challenging areas
- Working with our development team to get the various elements ready for translation, including communication and troubleshooting
- Working with the rest of the production team to plan and schedule translation runs, recording sessions and so on
- Handle all communication with Sony localisation services and localisation QA
- Managing/co-ordinating ALL aspects of the localisation process:
- Asset Management (handover and delivery)
- QA runs
What’s we're looking for!
- Demonstrable localisation co-ordination experience, preferably on a large project with varied localisation needs and many translated languages
- Experience working with both developers and publishers
- Very strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team player
- JIRA experience
- Experience on a UGC project
- Any general experience of proprietary localisation asset management systems Knowledge of languages is desirable but not essential
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.