It’s a fantastic time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and organised person to manage our studio facilities for our talented, multi-disciplined development teams. This role will require you to be onsite, in-house and reports to our Director of Operations and Strategic Initiatives.
Always making sure our studio is a place our Molecules want to be!
- Responsible for the day-to-day organisation of the Studio, and the visitors to the studio.
- Responsible for managing front of house with support from Studio Assistant
- Coordinating and setting up meeting rooms, making sure equipment is working, refreshments are provided (when needed)
- You will enable the growth of Mm by collaborating with and assisting the Director of Ops in the move of our studio from its current facility.
- Continually making sure we have the best space for our creative developers to innovate and collaborate.
Keeping our Studio Safe
- Ensuring the Studio complies with H&S, in conjunction with SIE processes and procedures as well as being a First Aider / Fire Warden.
- Managing COVID compliance – conducting risk assessments and reviewing any relevant documentation for employees entering the studio
- Organising Fire Safety and First Aid training and documentation
- Continuously ensure we comply with environmental health regs
Keeping the Studio in tip top shape
- Building compliance checks – liaising with facilities management company
- Organising internal maintenance and repairs – liaising with building management staff
- Organising incoming and outgoing deliveries to and from the studio
- Supporting IT with Studio related tasks i.e. desk moves, sending out equipment, keeping the areas tidy and free from risk.
- Someone with experience in office change management - moving locations and change management is a must!
- Previously worked in an office management role
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- You pride yourself on your ability to think creatively, use your own initiative and prioritise workload
- Ability to support different requirements from Directors, technical or creative teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication with ability to use Microsoft Office software
- Thorough understanding of legislation in the areas of H&S
- Experience working in the games industry.
- Experience managing budgets with targets/restrictions.
This is a permanent position; applicants must be able to travel to the Guilford office on a regular basis.
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!