Supporting the day-to-day and week to week process of managing multiple cross discipline teams, you will provide support to keep the projects appropriately resourced and the teams moving forward in a positive, informed and focused way. As a Producer at Media Molecule you will also work collaboratively with the project leads and the rest of the production team to create project schedules, identify dependencies, solve problems, prioritise work and drive project delivery. You will ensure progress on current and upcoming milestones is clearly communicated and provide clear, detailed analysis on team performance, risks and areas for improvement.
What you'll be doing:
You will be partly responsible for ensuring the project ships, and matches the vision set out. This will include:
- Making sure we ship a really great project!
- Ensuring you are keeping an eye always on the big picture as well as the granular such that one never jeopardises the other.
- Developing a positive, constructive and delivery focused relationship with each Molecule you work with. People are at the heart of this industry, and Mm is def not a one-size-fits all studio. You have to be prepared to create and develop those relationships.
- Working with the Molecules to create and maintain the schedule and planning trackers.
- Running the planning meetings for your areas of responsibility.
- Ensuring work is completed on time and to the required quality.
- Raising issues/risks and managing them before they impact the project.
- Working closely with QA department.
- Motivating and supporting your team daily, ensuring they produce the best work possible within the time constraints.
- You must have a thorough understanding of the process, and not be new to any of the phases. Experience shipping at least 2 big projects from the start to finish is the baseline.
- You must be able to ensure that decisions and actions are agreed, and delivered.
- You must care about the quality of execution.
- You must understand the nature of development being about invention and be unafraid of developing new experiences, and have the ability to set anchors where needed.
- You must be able to run a meeting, and be able to herd the cats in the room towards constructive conclusions.
- You must be able to work with a wide range of creative personalities, and not have a one size fits all approach to management.
- You must have been instrumental in getting your previous projects “in the box” and feel confident in your shipping skills.
- Jira experience is essential
- You must have the ability to remain constructive under pressure and when working towards a deadline.
- You must have a passion for playing games, with the ability to provide product insights.
- Team player – strong ability to collaborate with your production peers and support individuals development
- Most importantly, you must have a good sense of humour!
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!