This is an exciting and front facing role in our brilliant games studio. This role will be integral in helping to shape the environment and culture in Media Molecule. Through having a great eye for creative detail and a real want to muck in and get involved in lots of things you will gain much exposure to how a games studio like ours works. As much as it is a practical role of getting things done it is also a relationship based role too and as you get involved in everything from Production to HR you will be an important touch point for all of the teams here. It is a true coordination, creation, and overseer role and the right person will really be able to add their personal touch to how we do things. You will be joining a passionate team at a critical time where this role will be a driver to help the wider teams feel motivated and encouraged in their day to day work activities.
What you'll be doing
- Be the production lead on events, ensure a high standard and quality are met at all times
- Be the beating heart of the studio – be an active team member and build great relationships with all of the team
- Maintain boards and tracker sheets
- Ad hoc town runs for studio
- Uploading PR / marketing assets
- Helping out with legal admin, taking screen shots and uploading them to correct areas
- Coordinating and communication between studio and support teams
- Conference calls set up
- Have a creative eye for the studio and events
- Oversee the look and feel of the studio, ensure it is tidy and welcoming at all times, help create a welcoming and comfortable meeting space
- Help nurture the studio culture through working with HR and production to identity team events, charity events, office and celebratory events for the wider team
- Preparing and organisation of internal events
- Liaise with HR to help with organising learning events
- Production support responsibilities mainly entailing a provision of day to day administrative functional support to the production team
- Assist production team in the day-to-day administrative running of the studio
- Ad hoc administrative duties
What we're looking for!
- Excellent communicator
- Creative flair and eye for making things look good
- Employee/client front facing experience
- Real ability to prioritise and manage time well
- Ideas orientated but with a practical touch of being able to make things happen
- People friendly, experience of working in PA/HR duties welcome
- A level minimum requirement
- Microsoft Office – advanced
- Outlook proficient – good organisations skills
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to email@example.com, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.