We are looking for a competent programmer to join our close-knit team and contribute their skills and creativity towards creating Dreams, our latest UGC project. We make all of our own technology and tools, with one single focus…… making a great game! This is a unique opportunity to be an integral member of an efficient games team; where designing ‘cutting-edge’ solutions directly helps make our game fun.
The successful applicant should be experienced in C/C++ and want to make in house tools. They want to help other devs by making tools & take great satisfaction in doing so. They should also be highly motivated and display excellent problem solving skills.
What you’ll be doing!
- Help develop & maintain the Dreams server technology
- Maintaining our current set of in house tools and developing your own
- Collaborating with team members making content in Dreams, making sure their pipeline is slick
- Working closely with QA, helping assist their testing process
- Helping support a service based game
- Experience with build/test/tools for a large software project (not necessarily games)
- Fluent C/C++
- A demo or examples of work
- Strong team player
- Strong Communicator
- Linux system administration
- Embedded systems programming
- Previously shipping a product on a PlayStation Platform
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.