We are searching for a new member of our close-knit QA Team to help us test Dreams, our next generation vision of play, create, share. This title presents some interesting and unique testing challenges, dealing with user generated content creation tools, an always online service as well providing support to our development team.
This will involve you working across multiple teams helping support our art, audio, design and programming groups as well as owning specific areas of testing. You'll also be able to work with our testing and production partners in Sony, as well alpha and beta testers. You will need to have a good understanding of QA process and be able to build documentation and test plans for what are often complex areas. We are not looking for someone that wants to use QA as a stepping stone but someone that enjoys all facets of testing and wishes to hone and expand their skills.
What you'll be doing:
- Testing new tools, gameplay and server technology.
- Creating test plans and scenarios for use internally and externally.
- Creating documentation on game features and functionality.
- Working closely with other internal and external testers and test teams providing guidance and help where necessary.
What we expect from you:
- 2 + Years working experience in the video games industry. We need someone who ideally has shipped AAA console games.
- Experience of working internally with development teams is highly desirable.
- Excellent problem solving skills, application of knowledge and an ability to understand often complex and intricate game areas.
- Ability to work independently, responsibly and to take ownership of game areas and ensure they are tested to the highest possible standards.
- Be an excellent communicator within our internal team and to our QA outsourcing partners and beta testers.
- Strong team player and communicator; both written and verbal.
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.