It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming. We are evolving and growing rapidly! As a result we are now looking for a seasoned, super talented Senior Environment Artist to join the Media Molecule studio.
What you’ll be doing…..
- As a Senior Environment Artist at Media Molecule, you'll be involved in creating all aspects of game art, producing everything from concepts, environments and characters through to lighting, mood and atmosphere.
- Working as part of a high performing, cross functional team, you will be confident presenting your ideas to the wider team and translating your vision into concise, well thought out pitches. In addition, you will be comfortable quickly navigating and building upon existing, inherited concepts.
- As you will be participating in all phases of the design process, good social and communication skills are essential for success in this role.
- Significant previous experience in a similar Game Artist role, with multiple shipped AAA titles under your belt!
- A talented traditional artist with fluency in 3D packages including Maya/Zbrush.
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary studio team combined with strong optimisation skills and a solid understanding of design integration
- Excellent creative skills and insight.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to quickly and fluently translate ideas to punchy, concise pitches.
- Previous experience mentoring less experienced Artists
- Ability to own and deliver the art aspects of an area of the project from early concept stages to finalization and shipping , including all the integration with other departments, optimisation , and technical best practices required.
- A proactive, creative approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of dreams art tools is a bonus.
- A good fundamental understanding how a game engine works is also highly desirable!
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!