It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming. We are evolving and growing rapidly! As a result, we are looking for a talented, commercially astute Senior Finance Analyst to join the team. There’s a huge amount of scope to make an impact in this newly created role and potential for future career growth. Partnering closely with the new Commercial Director, Studio Operations and collaborating with PlayStation Studios Finance team, the Senior Finance Analyst will;
- Prepare, track and follow-up on project and studio budgets together with production and management;
- Coordinate and contribute to financial forecasting of production and project(s) together with and upon the request of the Commercial Director, Business Performance Director and/or PlayStation Studios Finance team
- Draft and present monthly (performance) reports to production, PlayStation Studios Finance team and management
- Provide ad-hoc analyses and reports on (financial) subjects both upon request from PlayStation Studios Finance team, production and management as well as upon your own discretion/insight
- Participate/advise in contract negotiations when it comes to financial structures
- Develop, implement, and maintain workflows around forecasts and actuals.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in a similar Snr Finance /Finance Analyst role, ideally gained within the gaming or creative industries
- Demonstrable knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to explain complex problems in simple terms and/or visualisations.
- Ability to turn a strategic proposition into an executable plan, fully supported by a financial model suited to the business
- Problem solver, highly analytical and commercial thinker
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence effectively and build collaborative, positive working relationships across the studio and with the Playstation Finance team
- Highly organised and detail oriented
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken (English)
- Able to manage tight deadlines to ensure key deliverables are met
- Experience in the Video Games Industry or comparable creative industry a plus
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!