We are looking for a talented Online Multiplayer Designer to join our Senior Design team creating live online multiplayer experiences in Dreams. With a passion for creative and social games we want you to translate the vision of Dreams into a top multiplayer gameplay experience that can be used by everyone!
Working with an empowered team who inspires and challenges one another in a respectful and safe environment to achieve maximum results.
What you'll be doing
- As an Online multiplayer expert, you will collaborate with and complement our design team to continuously push the boundaries of Dreams.
- Design cutting edge and modern multiplayer games through collaborating closely with a team of designers, producers and engineers.
- Rapidly respond to and iterate on team and player feedback to increase the quality of the player experience and produce a multiplayer experience fit for our players.
- Modify the play experience according to telemetry from the live game.
- Discover opportunities for new design and present new ideas based on user trends and research in collaboration with the design and production team.
- Deep level of understating and passion for working with online multiplayer games
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA game
- Ability to adapt your working style, whether it’s working closely with production to identify dependencies and scheduling of work or iterating and solving problems creatively and effectively with our developers.
- Proactively keep up-to-date with the latest multiplayer mechanics and features in the games industry
- The ability to self- motivate and thrive in an agile environment
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!