We are looking for a Senior Games Producer to join our close-knit, creative team to help us ship Dreams, our next generation vision of Play, Create, Share.
Media Molecule works in a very “ground up” capacity, and so we need someone versed in managing a highly collaborative and often experimental environment. The role of production at Mm is to ensure that we retain the creative energy, but ensure that we ship our games.
You will be partly responsible for ensuring the project ships, and matches the vision set out. This will include:
- Making sure we ship a really great project!
- Ensuring you are keeping an eye always on the big picture as well as the granular such that one never jeopardises the other.
- Developing a positive, constructive and delivery focused relationship with each Molecule you work with. People are at the heart of this industry, and Mm is def not a one-size-fits all studio. You have to be prepared to create and develop those relationships.
- Working with the Molecules to create and maintain the schedule and planning trackers.
- Running the planning meetings for your areas of responsibility.
- Ensuring work is completed on time and to the required quality.
- Raising issues/risks and managing them before they impact the project.
- Working closely with QA department.
- Motivating and supporting your team daily, ensuring they produce the best work possible within the time constraints.
Required Skills and Experience
- You must have a thorough understanding of the process, and not be new to any of the phases. Experience shipping at least 2 big projects from the start to finish is the baseline.
- You must be able to ensure that decisions and actions are agreed, and delivered.
- You must care about the quality of execution.
- You must understand the nature of development being about invention and be unafraid of developing new experiences, and have the ability to set anchors where needed.
- You must be able to run a meeting, and be able to herd the cats in the room towards constructive conclusions.
- You must be able to work with a wide range of creative personalities, and not have a one size fits all approach to management.
- You must have been instrumental in getting your previous projects “in the box” and feel confident in your shipping skills.
- We use excel a lot, and have just moved to using Jira. Experience using these would be a plus.
- You must have the ability to remain constructive under pressure and when working towards a deadline.
- You must have a passion for playing games, with the ability to provide product insights.
- Most importantly, you must have a good sense of humour!
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.