It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, diligent and organised individual to support our multi-disciplined development teams in planning schedules of work, mitigating risks for delivery and unblocking impediments. You’ll be responsible for scheduling deliverables in key areas of our project and obtaining necessary resources to accomplish project goals. We hope to find someone who is passionate about their projects’ success and helping teams to excel.
- Responsible for significant areas of the project you will be working with numerous stakeholders helping manage expectations for project deliverables
- Managing the planning, scheduling and live release of work for a multi-discipline team
- Adhering to budget constraints and reporting on team costs
- Liaising with your team to set project goals to accomplish in line with wider product strategy
- Responsible for creating and reviewing production schedules in coordination with team leads and key stakeholders
- Managing a cross disciplinary team, working alongside the game development team leads to define and deliver milestone content
- Supporting the team with production processes, using a blend of agile and other project management methodologies
- Tracking and owning the project progress, owning status reports and team updates
- Responsible for identifying and resolving conflicts between schedule, budget, and project scope
- Working closely with you Lead Producer and the wider production team, identifying opportunities for efficiencies, critical dependencies and risk mitigation strategies
- Able to prioritise and make decisions effectively.
- Able to set tangible and achievable project goals based on resources available.
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders of different experience levels and crafts to effectively coordinate deliverables.
- Able to effectively prioritise tasks across multiple concurrent objectives.
- Experience managing budgets in accordance with fiscal targets/restrictions.
- Proactive, self-organised and able to work independently.
- Experienced in project management using Jira, Tello or other related tools.
- Experience of planning multiple projects from conception through to completion with a mixed-discipline team of creative people.
- Experience of sprint and milestone management.
- Experience identifying and proactively resolving impediments to project delivery.
- Experience working on a live service project.
- Experience working in the games industry on AAA or mobile titles.
- Experience of line management.
This is a permanent position, applicants must be able to travel to the Guilford office on a regular basis.
Equal Opportunity Statement: Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!