As a senior programmer at Media Molecule, you will be part of the tools team where you will be
focused on building tools to facilitate effective operations across the studio. Collaborating with
Artists, Designers and Tech, you will constantly be using your experience and passion for
developing tools to help expand capabilities across our teams.
What you'll be doing...
● You will design, develop and support tools for use across the studio.
● You will work closely with other programmers, production, analytics and QA to ensure
code is built to a high quality standard.
● You will develop a broad overview of all of our tools, dive into improving them, and write
new tools to plug the gaps.
● You will consistently contribute ideas and solutions across our full tech stack.
● You have strong knowledge of C and C++.
● You have excellent communication skills and are able to work effectively in a remote
● You hold a pragmatic perspective and are able to objectively assess technical and
● You are able to effectively gather, assess and prioritise requirements.
● You have experience building tools or automation systems, ideally both.
● You have excellent debugging and analytical skills.
● You are able to make good choices about where to invest effort in order to produce
maximum value for other teams.
● Interest or experience in games.
● Experience with Python, Django, MySql.
● Experience working in Windows/Linux environments.
● Experience developing cross platform software.
● Experience working in a live service environment.
● Experience with cloud computing platforms.
● Experience with localisation.
● Experience mentoring more junior members of the team.
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!