This role is based in The Dreamiverse team, a universe of dream surfing, shaping and collaborating. We seek a talented Senior Visual Designer to join us in evolving this universe for our Dreamers.
Based in our studio in Guildford you will be joining an dynamic and talented team where you have real scope to shape the creative direction and delivery of Dreams and Media Molecule.
This is a role for someone excited by sharing the joy of creativity with others.
What you will be doing:
- You will work closely with the Art Director to set the evolution and direction of the visual language.
- You will be responsible for building on the established product visual language and evolving this from the conceptual development, direction and delivery of the Dreamiverse visual design across the game, graphic design, web and screen design.
- You will be working alongside the Senior Systems Designer to bring the game design systems to life, and to create a wonderful user experience for our Dreamers.
- Set and own visual standards across the Dreamiverse – ensuring all designs adhere to visual design principles and rules.
- Lead visual ideation, working with UX designers create and apply design solutions across multiple layouts, platforms, and devices Build style guides and communicate conventions for future product iterations and new
- 2+ years of game development experience (pc, mobile, or console)
- 5+ years’ experience as an interaction designer, visual designer, graphic designer
- A sense of fun, an appreciation of beauty, and an interest in sharing creativity with the world.
- Experience in designing user-interfaces for complex applications/games.
- Ability to craft visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show a deep understanding of readability, hierarchy, and player behaviour patterns
- Exceptional graphic design skills and artistic sense for high aesthetic graphics, UI, composition and typography
- You must be a skilled problem solver, with ideas that challenge the ordinary, together with the drive to bring them to life.
- You must be a highly skilled collaborator and communicator, with multidisciplinary team members to pitch, and bring design solutions to life.
- Motion Graphics skills is a bonus
- Experience managing a team of visual designers
- Experience in UI branding or TV apps is a bonus.
- Experience in UX and motion graphics would be valuable.
Upon applying for this role, please supply our lovely recruitment team with a portfolio or showreel of your past work. We'll only consider applications with these materials!
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!