This role is based in The Dreamiverse team, a universe of dream surfing, shaping and collaborating. We seek a talented visual designer to join us in evolving this universe as Dreams reaches its next exciting stage in development – helping us deliver the most engaging visual experience possible. Based in our studio in Guildford you will be joining an incredibly dynamic and talented team where you have real scope to shape the creative direction and delivery of the next stage of Dreams.
What you’ll be doing
- The Senior Visual Designer is responsible for the conceptual development, direction and delivery of the Dreamiverse visual design.
- Set and own Visual standards across the Dreamiverse – ensuring all designs adhere to visual design principles and rules.
- Responsible for pushing visuals to be best in class using excellent visual design skills with a strong sense of graphic, web and screen design.
- Lead visual ideation with the designers to come up with visual solutions.
- Talented visual designer with 5+ years experience as a visual designer, graphic designer, interaction designer.
- A problem solver, with ideas that challenge the ordinary, together with the drive to bring them to life.
- Demonstrates excellent design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends and innovation.
- Deep understanding of the pillars of design systems, including principles and components.
- Experience in UI branding or TV apps is a bonus.
- Experience in UX and motion graphics would be valuable.
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.