We're looking for an experienced Server Developer to help us develop the online platform for Dreams - our next generation vision of play, create, share. This title presents some unique challenges, merging user generated content (UGC) with real-time game server functionality.
The ideal candidate should be an expert in C/C++ with knowledge of network and server development in Linux environments. They should have experience in distributed infrastructure design and have experience in designing for resilience and reliability. They should also be highly self-motivated and display excellent problem solving skills.
What you'll be doing!
- Developing online services for Dreams, covering features such as search, discovery, content storage, and real-time game systems at a large scale
- Collaborating with team members to create and manage scalable architectures
- Working closely with client developers and web team on feature integration
- Creating resilient services that can withstand failure and operate with redundancies
- Minimum of 3+ years professional development experience in Linux environments
- Expert C/C++
- Knowledge of protocols such as TCP, UDP, DNS and HTTP
- Experience in distributed infrastructure design and development
- Experience with one or more of DynamoDB, Cassandra or MongoDB
- Knowledge of Apache Solr, ElasticSearch, or other full-text search engines
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.