It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution! As a result, we are now looking to grow our Engine team and hire our very first Senior Physics Programmer! The successful candidate will have the opportunity to really make their mark in this newly created role. They will take ownership of the physics roadmap, drive the physics agenda forward and will have significant impact as we continue to improve, expand and optimise the physics engine capabilities of Dreams!
What you'll be doing;
- Maintain and improve the physics systems and creation tools of Dreams.
- Monitor and optimise performance - produce systems that are efficient, scalable and easy to maintain.
- Communicate ideas, goals and constraints, collaborating with team members across multiple disciplines.
- Own and drive forward the physics roadmap.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expert knowledge of both C and C++.
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills.
- Extensive grasp of mathematical concepts and analysis techniques as they apply to physics engine
- Solid understanding of software performance characteristics and associated ability to implement systems
- optimised for performance across both CPU and GPU.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Able to work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision.
- Up to date knowledge of technological developments and advancements within the games industry.
- 5+ years of physics engine development experience, AAA a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience
Interest in games.
- Experience with assembly programming.
- Experience developing and refactoring code in a live service environment.
- Experience developing real-time physics solutions.
- Experience developing real-time rendering solutions
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!