We are looking for a sound designer to help us make our new user-created content project, Dreams. We are accepting applications from all levels of experience – ability, skills and enthusiasm are more important than shipped titles.
- You will be able to produce awesome sounds! You should have an understanding of what is required to make a game sound good, and be able to demonstrate that knowledge with examples of work.
- You'll need plenty of knowledge about sound recording, and have experience recording different material, and an understanding of all the practicalities involved. This should also be demonstrable in examples of work.
- Ideally you'll have experience and knowledge of using various different sound implementation systems. Wwise, FMOD, Unity, Unreal etc. Specific knowledge of these is not a requirement, but a level of competence and expertise in making sounds work in a game is advantageous.
- We're looking for the ability to demonstrate either a working knowledge of an in-game implementation system, or have used some form of scripting language. Experience with logic is an important part of this role. Demonstrable knowledge using systems like UE4 Blueprints, Max MSP or other visual logic systems is highly desirable.
- You should show some musical knowledge and composition skills. This is not a composition job, but the ability to compose and engineer music is an important feature of this post.
To apply for this position please submit your CV & show-reel (of no more than 1:30 in length) showing footage featuring your work.
This is a contract position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to email@example.com, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people based in Guildford (as well as a small office in Brighton!), with organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug.
Find out what it's like to work here.