We are looking for a User Experience Designer with strong and proven graphic design skills to help us ship our upcoming platform for creativity, Dreams. As a User Interface Designer, your role will be to ensure all components of the front end user interface and create tools are beautiful, user friendly, unobtrusive, enjoyable and consistent in their application.
What you'll be doing!
- Being able to nurture the fleck of an idea and develop it into a shippable feature.
- Keeping track and maintaining a thorough understanding of the project as it evolves will be vital, as will processing feedback from both the team and end users, allowing for constant improvements to your designs.
- Being thoughtful, flexible and able to collaborate in a small, tightly knit and ambitious team to help develop their ideas and to realise your own.
- Working with multiple disciplines and people from all areas of the development chain, you will need to be an engaging talker, designer and presenter, adept in delegating work to designers and programmers for implementation.
- You must have a portfolio that demonstrates your ethos and your work on something from beginning to end.
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects or equivalents.
We will not look at CV’s without a portfolio.
We are open to contract employment, but prefer a permanent hire.
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.