Media Molecule are seeking an experienced web designer to help expand our ambitious new PlayStation 4 title, Dreams, on to the web. We’re not seeking someone who lives just in the world of Sketch or PhotoShop, handing over designs to a developer. We're after someone with strong visual design ability and a level of technical ability you'd expect from years of experience working on the web.
As a Web Designer, you'll love creating visually stunning, enjoyable experiences on the web. The web is a passion for you, its constantly evolving potential as a platform for creativity excites you! Because of that, you're in tune with what's happening in the latest of web technologies.
Be it desktop, tablet, mobile or TV - the web is on all of these devices, and more. You'll have experience in producing sites that adapt their visual design for the device being used, as well as enhancing their functionality based on the devices abilities.
What you’ll be doing
- Working as part of the Web Team at Media Molecule
- Creating high quality designs for new features on indreams.me, the community portal and web counterpart to our ambitious creative platform, Dreams
- Taking your designs to the browser with handwritten HTML and CSS
- Responding to feedback and helping to fix issues, as part of support of indreams.me as a live service
- Working alongside the server and Dreamiverse teams, ensuring cohesion between the game and the web in your work
- Helping to shape and evolve the future of indreams.me, ensuring it is an integral part of the Dreams experience
- At least 5 years of experience designing and producing high quality websites, with a strong online portfolio showcasing this
- Solid skills in your choice of leading graphics software, such as Sketch or Photoshop
- In-depth knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience creating responsive sites from the ground up
- A sharp attention to detail and an eye for pixel-perfect design
- Good knowledge of the latest web tools and technologies
- Able to work on own initiative or work well in a team
- Be a creative person with interesting hobbies and interests!
- Player of video games
- Experience with any of the following technologies: SASS, Node.js, React is advantageous
- Experience with design systems or pattern libraries is advantageous
A little bit about you
You'll be a creative person with unique hobbies and interests. You're always turned on by the quirky, crafty, little things in life. You might keep a sketchbook, run a photo blog, make your own clothes; however you express your love of these things, you'd say it was part of what defined you.
This is a permanent position.
Before you apply
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return, we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
How to apply
If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
Simply send us an email to email@example.com, stating the position you're applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise - there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
- Damn good at what you do!
- Desire ownership and responsibility
- Really love playing and making games
- Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
- Active rather than passive team player
- Loves to collaborate with a creative team
- Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Find out what it's like to work here.