Equality, diversity and fairness are things that we strive for everyday at Media Molecule. In the games industry, where women make up a growing but small percentage of the workforce, we are passionate about doing all that we can to encourage more women to get into games especially young girls at school who, research has shown, are still largely affected by gender stereotyping when it comes to choosing their future careers.
We are very proud of the fact that over 30% of Media Molecule is female, and our ladies here are constantly fighting in the pursuit of gender equality. We march, we stand, we unite, we talk, we share, we teach and we do all that we can to help make a difference. Whenever we can, we invite students, particularly girls, into the studio to come and meet the ladies who work here and these visits are always so inspiring. Two particular favourites of ours include the Queens Park Community School visit and the Nonsuch High School visit, those girls were kick ass :)
As its International Women’s Day today, we want to stop and take a moment to celebrate the brilliant ladies that we have working here at Media Molecule and to highlight some of our favourite interviews, talks and podcasts that we’ve done over the years. So if you’re looking for a dose of inspiration, have a ganders through our ‘archives of awesome’ below… :)
- Amy, Luci and Naomi sit down with DreamBubble to celebrate 10 years of Mm.
- Jamie, Naomi and Siobhan attend the Little Miss Geek ICT School Takeover Event.
- Luci and Amy share their journeys into the games industry.
- Siobhan shares her experience working with women with Kotaku.
- Luci gives an inspiring keynote speech at an all-women game jam.
- Amy shares her advice for future games makers.
- Michelle shares her experience working at the heart of the team as a Producer.
- Abbie discusses her new role at Media Molecule with Gamertag Radio.
- Siobhan is named Australian Woman of the Year in the UK AND one of the BBC’s most powerful women!
- Michelle sits down with Amanda Posey to discuss the differences between producing films and games.
- Siobhan talks to Develop about the importance of having women making games.
- Amy goes to the XXGameJam, an all-women game jam.
- Stylist shares the pioneering women changing the face of the games industry, including our Siobhan.
- Jenny chats to DreamBubble at Pax East 2016!